Sustainability in Archive High Fashion / Streetwear Culture

I am interested in continuing my mobile application YOUNIFORM. Although, I want to make some changes. Originally the app catered to the mainstream community of streetwear and luxury fashion, highlighting the convergence of the two within the industry. Although, with sustainability on everybody’s minds, it becomes relevant to question how long streetwear will be a viable culture – if we are killing our environment in the process. This also goes to question fashion as a whole!

Through prior knowledge, I had followed influencers as well as digital shops that promoted the purchasing and selling of archive of luxury and streetwear pieces. Trying to buy the most rare runway pieces to post on your instagram, or sell online. The first physical experience I had of this was the store Horro Vacuo. Located in Los Angeles, California it sold a variety of pieces, all rare. I have included some images of influencers who I know support these core values, as well as the shop. I also included a funny breakdown by Mushpit Magazine, reposted by four pins (a fashion meme account) of how men divide when it comes to this streetwear / luxury community.