YOUNIFORM Breakdown of App: A social Networking App

I’ve always been asked to continue to refine YOUNIFORM and question why it would fulfill the gap in the market and the best way to do so as a product: with every meeting I’ve had. After heavy discussion with my co-founder, we realized the shopping and marketplace aspect of YOUNIFORM doesn’t make sense with its values and message. It also technically would be extremely complicated due to our In-house coding. We decided to step away from the marketplace aspect, removing a large group of competitors such as Depop and second hand sites. Grailed is still a major competitor due to its educational and community aspect of ‘Dry Clean Only’. I recently had to send a breakdown of the application to Ammolite – a production and creative company I am going to intern for. The founder was so excited to see what this application can do! Here is a newly refined breakdown below:

As I have to pitch write a blurb of what YOUNIFORM is: I challenge myself to do it every few weeks (due to my workload) and here is the most recent one that I have been sending out to people.

For those who are fashion conscious within the elevated streetwear subculture, they have hit a wall creatively with Instagram. For those who are fashion curious and want to get involved, they don’t know how to, or where to begin. There is a gap within this Gen-Z subculture to create a safe space for the online community. 

@youniform.global is an extremely personalized mobile social networking application, as a one-stop-shop for everything related to elevated streetwear. It connects and educates the online community. Youniform provides features such as: outfit inspiration, news and videos, discussions, and more. The user’s profile creates a timeline to archive and document the user’s journey with their personal style.